Thursday, October 29, 2009

100% Cotton by Bernie Rosage Jr.

This original oil painting "100% Cotton" by American Artist, Bernie Rosage Jr. is available for purchase... the price is $300 unframed plus $15 S&H...  Email Bernie about purchasing details HERE... please include the paintings title in the subject line.
.
click on image to enlarge...
.

"100% Cotton"... 14x11" Oil on canvas, painted alla prima from life, Bernie Rosage Jr., 2009.

Close-up image...
.

















Growing up in the coastal plains region of North Carolina snow is something I see once a year if I'm lucky. Cotton fields with their white expanse are as close as I get. I set up this small branch of cotton in a "Ball" jar with an old iron in the studio and painted it from life. Why cotton?... It's conflicting textures of roughness and smoothness and the mere fact that most people don't know what cotton looks or grows like were the motivating factors behind this one. I hope you enjoy it... cotton still makes me think of snow.

5 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh, this one is a beauty! Wow, truly wonderful to look at. Carol

Bernie Rosage Jr. said...

Thanks Carol... you're so kind. I love painting old stuff like this. I paint with three other artists every other Tuesday evening... they thought I was crazy at first when I showed up with this still life set up.

Firecracker Kid said...

Well, I don't think you're crazy. I hope you don't mind I posted your listing to my blog. I'll keep an eye on it. I'm working on hubby to soften him up in hopes he'll let me purchase this one. Fingers crossed:) I'd love it if you stopped by my blog and visited my post about your painting. http://firecrackerkid.blogspot.com/Carol

Bernie Rosage Jr. said...

Carol... I don't mind you sharing this post on your blog... in fact... I'm flattered! I'm also flattered that you like the painting enough to think about purchasing it. I love it when one of my pieces speaks to someone... it's the greatest compliment I can receive.

Bernie Rosage Jr. said...

Carol... I'm in the process of starting an affiliate program with friends and patrons who spread the word about my self represented pieces of art... email me and I'll give you the details... may interest you.