Monday, July 26, 2010

Plein Air Painting + 109 Degrees = MISTAKE :)


Yesterday I decided to venture out and plein air paint in spite of of the "Hot Spell" eastern North Carolina has been having. The location was beautiful (Maysville Rock Quarry) as you can see by the photographs. My paints, brushes, easel, and cooler were packed... my mind made up to enjoy the day from 11am till dark knocking out a couple of works for upcoming shows. I quickly found out that 109 degree heat index temperatures zap the body and creativity (my painting sucked). Sorry... no painting to show... just my lone french easel to prove I was there... maybe next time... :)

Bernie








2 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Ohhh Bernie, we live and learn don't we. lol. Beautiful photos though. You'll have to try again on a cooler day:)

Dennis said...

i have been wanting to get started in plein air painting after doing airbrush stuff for 30 years..the heat has slowed down my plans a great deal.