Wednesday, January 10, 2007

River Farm Inn

"River Farm Inn"... 6x8" Oil on Panel, alla prima, 12-12-2006
SOLD... Thanks Suzanne!

Click image for larger view...



This peaceful scene is of the Bed and Breakfast, River Farm Inn, located along the beautiful New River near Fleetwood, North Carolina. I never tire of painting scenes along this river of serenity… I have spent hours along this stretch of the South Fork of the New River painting en plein aire and photographing scenes like this. This would have to be a perfect place to spend a few days...

This painting, on a Gessoed Panel with painted sides, is easily framed or displayed with a decorative easel. Decorative easel included with any winning bid over $35.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bernie,
This place is so quiet and calming with all its green. It makes me want to visit.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Bernie,
Will you be painting a 2nd edition of this place?? Where exactly is it??? Can you tell me more of this?? Thanks,,,

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feedback everyone. This beautiful place is located just off the Railroad Grade Road (a famous biking trail) which runs along the south fork of the New River from Fleetwood to Todd, NC. I may paint another scene that differs from this one... I'll be sure to post it when I do.
Bernie