Saturday, April 28, 2007

Mother and Child #2... after Picasso

"Mother and Child #2"... after Pablo Picasso... 7x5" Oil on Panel,
alla prima, 4-2007.
Private Collection

Click image for larger view...



With the approach of Mother's Day I wanted to paint a special series as a tribute to mom's everywhere. It was my goal to capture that priceless bond shared by a mother and her child... the special intimacy and unconditional love which is hard to put into words and on canvas. Moms know what I'm trying to say. I chose to cover three master artists for this series whose works, with my own flair, conveyed the mood I was looking for. "Mother and Child #2" is my unique cover version of Pablo Picasso's painting "Mother and Child" (1922). You can see the original and a larger version of this painting on my blogspot link above. Thank you moms!

Original: "Mother ad Child", 1922, by Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)

No comments: