Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mountain Lake... Plein Air #3

"Mountain Lake"... Blue Ridge Plein Air #3...
6x8", Oil on Panel, en plein aire, 6-2007.
SOLD... Thanks Brian!

Click image for larger view...



The French term... "En Plein Aire" ... literally translates ... "In Open Air". It is one of my favorite ways to paint... Outdoors enjoying God's creation. Recently I had the privilege of spending ten days in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina where I spent almost every day plein air painting.

Plein Air #3 is set at a small mountain lake in the small community of Fleetwood Falls. This lake is near our mountain lodge and a gathering place for my family. Dad usually paints while the kids fish and skip rocks..

The actual scene...



My youngest daughter caught this large mouth bass while I was painting. Not bad at all for a "Barbie Fishing Pole"...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Wow! Way to go Olivia! Cool Barbie pole too:) Dad, you look real proud & tickled. Another moment to cherish. -Carol