Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Peaceful Spot... Plein Air #1

"Peaceful Spot"... Blue Ridge Plein Air #1...
6x8", Oil on Panel, en plein aire, 6-2007.
SOLD... Thanks again Al!

Click image for larger view...



The French term... "En Plein Aire" ... literally translates ... "In Open Air". It is one of my favorite ways to paint... Outdoors enjoying God's creation. Recently I had the privilege of spending ten days in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina where I spent almost every day plein air painting.

Plein Air #1 is set in the beautiful Juliane Price Park just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. We (my wife, daughter, grandson, and I) hiked about two miles back in the park to come across this peaceful scene of a little waterfall. The kids played in the water while I painted. a GREAT afternoon capped with a pic-nic lunch!

The actual scene...

No comments: