Friday, September 26, 2008

"The Winberry Barn"... Plein Air by Bernie Rosage Jr.

"The Winberry Barn"... 6x8" Oil on panel, alla prima en plein aire, 4-2008.
SOLD... Thanks again Jonathan!
Knoxville, TN

Click on image to see a larger view...




This old barn was a joy to paint for two reasons...

#1... It's sentimental value. I grew up just down the road from this old barn that belonged to my great uncle. My brother and I along with other kids who lived nearby spent many hours playing in and around it.

#2... I painted this one en plein aire with My lil' painting buddy, Olivia

I love painting "en plein aire"... a French term that translates in English to "in the open air". The challenges that nature presents while painting outside from life appeal to me... changing light, changing weather, etc. Plein air painting fills all the senses for me and makes for an experience vs simply a painting. Most of all... I enjoy the people I meet plein air painting.

30 2999

No comments: