Monday, June 14, 2010

"Arts by the Sea" plein air in Swansboro, NC


"Arts by the Sea" Festival... Swansboro, NC... 8x10" Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas, en plein aire, 6-12-2010, Bernie Rosage Jr.

The small North Carolina coastal town of Swansboro is dubbed "the friendly city by the sea"... and aptly so. It's quaint shops and great eating places make for a must trip if you are ever in eastern North Carolina. One of my favorite structures in the old town is the Olde Brick Store circa 1839. The former warehouse scarred by Civil War mortar shells once held naval stores, thousands of barrels of turpentine and sometimes prisoners.

When it I painted this plein air piece it was the centerpiece of festivities during the annual "Arts by the Sea" festival in Swansboro. The festival is also an annual event for the OOPS (Onslow Outdoor Painters Society) group for our June Paint Out.

It is a come and go as you please paint out... this year I painted in the afternoon with my painting bud... Mitchell Morton. We met several artists and art lovers. My apologies to anyone who spoke to me and I didn't answer... I wasn't ignoring you... I was jamming to Bad Company on my IPOD. :)

This painting will be on display and available for purchase in October 2010 at the Baysden Gallery for the OOPS group show... celebrating our third year anniversary.
Thanks for dropping by...
Bernie

No comments: