Friday, July 27, 2007

Let's Go Kayaking

"Let's Go Kayaking"... 6x8" Oil on Panel, alla prima, 7-2007.
SOLD... Thanks Jean!

Click image for larger view...



My family and I have spent countless hours kayaking the beautiful stretch of the south fork of the New River from Todd to Fleetwood, NC. This slow meandering part of the river is chucked full of natural beauty and a "Must Do Trip" if you get the chance. This store, The Riverside General Store, is on the banks of the stretch of river mentioned. They rent kayaks, canoes, bikes, and water tubes for anyone interested in having an awesome time. While driving by it I had to stop the car to snap a photo of what I knew to be a great future painting... the way the colors of the kayaks POPPED against the muted tones of the scene screamed "Paint Me!"

Here I am having a great time... "let's go kayaking"...




20 2500 200/12

No comments: