Friday, January 11, 2008

Granny Smith #2

"Granny Smith #2"... 6x8" Oil on Panel, alla prima from life, 1-2008.
SOLD... Thanks Susan S. !

Click on image to see a larger view...

NOTE: The line in the upper left is not a scratch but the way the light hit the textured surface while I was photographing the painting.



Apples are among my favorite subjects to paint. I set up this small still life to continue my "painting a day" series for 2008. My six year old daughter was insistent that these were hers when I finished... needless to say... the whole one made it into her lunch box the next morning... how's that for recycling?

Everyday objects painted from life is the essence of the "Painting a Day" art movement that is gaining momentum in the art collecting market.

20 1995 2/8/94

No comments: