Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Impressionistic Granny Smith

"Impressionistic Granny Smith"... 6x8" Oil on canvas board, alla prima from life, 1-2008.
SOLD... Thanks James R.!

Click on image to see a larger view...



Most people take trips to the grocery store to buy food for supper... I go to find willing subjects for my daily paintings. I never tire of painting fruit and vegetables... is that strange? These granny smith apples were a challenge with all that GREEN! I chose to play the vibrant green against its opposite color red of the background. The apples almost seem to dance in this vibrant setting... my mission was accomplished.

Everyday objects painted from life is the essence of the "Painting a Day" art movement that is gaining momentum in the art collecting market.

20 1995 2/2/55

No comments: