Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Misty View of Todd Island... Blue Ridge Plain Aie #4

"A Misty View of Todd Island"... Blue Ridge Plein Air #4, Todd, NC
6x8" Oil on Panel, en plein aire, 11-20-2007.
SOLD... Thanks again Brian!

Click image for larger view...



I recently returned from a Plein Air painting trip to the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. I had a great time and painted several plein air works that I plan to launch on eBay this week... read all about my adventures and see the paintings here... My Plein Air Adventure in the Blue Ridge Mountains!
~
I woke up early as usual on Wednesday the 21st. The mist was everywhere... wanting to capture it I headed down Fleetwood Mountain and along Railroad Grade Road and the New River to find the perfect spot. I set up along the banks looking into the rising sun as it back-lit the mist and silhouetted the trees in the scene. Here I am looking toward Todd Island that I mentioned in Plein Air #1.
20 1899 1/1/70

No comments: