Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Blue Ridge View... Blue Ridge Plein Air #5

"Blue Ridge View"... Blue Ridge Plein Air #5, Fleetwood, NC
6x8" Oil on Panel, en plein aire, 11-21-2007.

This original oil painting by American Artist, Bernie Rosage Jr. is available for purchase... email Bernie with the title in the subject line... click HERE... for price and details.

Click image for larger view...



I recently returned from a Plein Air painting trip to the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. I had a great time and painted several plein air works that I plan to launch on eBay this week... read all about my adventures and see the paintings here... My Plein Air Adventure in the Blue Ridge Mountains!
~
This peaceful scene is set just below our mountain lodge. Two days earlier I set out to paint this scene in the late afternoon... As I got to the foot of the hill I heard two gunshots (rather close I might add) so I decided to wait. I could just see the headlines now... "Plein air painter mistaken for deer!" While painting this one I saw wild turkeys, a white tail deer, and a Pleated woodpecker. An awesome time spent communing with nature.

~
This painting, on a Gessoed Panel with painted sides, is easily framed or displayed with a decorative easel.
~
All my paintings are signed originals using artist grade oils and archival surfaces. "Certificate of Authenticity" included.


100 5/15

2 comments:

Mary Ann Archibald said...

Beautiful place you've painted, Bernie!

Bernie Rosage Jr. said...

Mary Ann... thanks and it's so great to hear from you. I hope you have been doing well...