Friday, December 07, 2007

The Ridge... Blue Ridge Plein Air #6

"The Ridge"... Blue Ridge Plein Air #6... Fleetwood, NC
6x8" Oil on Panel, en plein aire, 11-22, 2007 (Thanksgiving Day).
SOLD... Thanks Sharron R.!

Click image for larger view...



I recently returned from a Plein Air painting trip to the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. I had a great time and painted several plein air works that I plan to launch on eBay this week... read all about my adventures and see the paintings here... My Plein Air Adventure in the Blue Ridge Mountains!

I woke early Thanksgiving morning and decided to get at least one more plein air painting in before my family arrived later that morning. This scene is set on Fleetwood Mountain near our lodge on The Ridge. We walk this road everyday for exercise and I wanted to capture it before it is scattered with mountain homes. I got to met several people as they were enjoying their daily walks as well. Thanksgiving Day brought my family, and the COLD weather! It was 60 degrees when I painted this one... later that evening it was snowing!

20 1899 1/6/60

No comments: